Last modified: February 23, 2021
Think About God (“TAG” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website having a homepage accessible at ThinkAboutGod.org (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about visitors to our website. However, we collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name and e-mail address (“personal information”);
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting receipt of the Daily TAGline.
Information We May Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It may help us to improve our Website, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To evaluate and respond to requests submitted through the Website.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We will not disclose personal information that we collect or you provide without your consent except to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Your California Privacy Rights
While we do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users websites of businesses covered by that law that are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosures of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you wish to make such a request of us, please send an email to privacy@ThinkAboutGod.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.